Allen & Heath AB168 dSNAKE AudioRack for QU & GLD
AB168 is a portable AudioRack, providing 16 XLR inputs and 8 XLR outputs when connected to a GLD-80 or GLD-112 mixer, or to an AR2412 AudioRack.
Featuring 16 mic preamps with Phantom Power indicators and 8 XLR line outs, AB168 runs on Allen & Heath’s proprietary dSNAKE protocol.
The AB168 unit connects over a single Cat5 cable to the GLD mixer or to an AR2412 AudioRack via a secure dSNAKE EtherCon port. A second EtherCon port is provided for daisy-chaining to another AB168 box or connection of a ME personal mixing system. AB168 auto updates its firmware to synchronise with the GLD system.
The rack’s rugged design, including rubber bumpers, renders it highly roadworthy and allows it to be placed on the stage floor during performances. Weighing in at just 4.8kg and featuring a sturdy carry handle, AB168 is also designed for maximum convenience and portability. An optional rack mounting kit is also available.
- XLR Mic/Line Inputs: Balanced
- Mic/Line Preamp: Fully recallable
- Input Sensitivity: -60 to +15dBu
- Analogue Gain: +5 to +60dB, 1dB steps
- Pad: -20dB
- Maximum Input Level: +32dBu
- Input Impedance: >4kΩ (Pad out), >10kΩ (Pad in)
- Mic/Line Channel noise: 20-20kHz, Direct Out @ unbalanced out
- Mic EIN: -127dB with 150Ω source
- Unity gain (Pad in): -90dBu
- Low gain (5dB, Pad out): -93dBu
- Mid gain (30dB, Pad out): -89dBu
- Mic/Line Channel THD+N: 20-20kHz, Direct Out @ unbalanced out
- Unity gain (Pad in): 0.005% -86dBu @ 1kHz, 0dBu output
- Low gain (5dB, Pad out): 0.003% -89dBu @ 1kHz, 0dBu output
- Mid gain (30dB, Pad out): 0.004% -88dBu @ 1kHz, 0dBu output
- XLR Outputs: Balanced, Relay protected
- Output Impedance: <75Ω
- Nominal Output: +4dBu = 0dB meter reading
- Maximum Output Level: +22dBu
- Residual Output Noise: -91dBu (muted, 20-20kHz)
- Operating Temperature: 0 deg C to 35 deg C; (32 deg F to 95 deg F)
- Mains Power: 100-240V, 50/60 Hz, 20W max
Physical & Dimensions
- Width: 411.45mm
- Depth: 189mm
- Height: 182.10mm
- Weight: 4.8kg