OM5 Dynamic Tight Hypercardioid Lead/Backing Vocal Mic
The OM5 vocal dynamic microphone is made with an extremely tight and uniformly controlled hyper cardioid polar pattern which isolates the vocals from the rest of the instruments on stage or in a studio.
Used on stage, in studios and for broadcast applications, the OM5 hyper cardioid microphone has a reputation for clarity, resistance to feedback and ability to handle SPLs in excess of 144 dB without distortion.
The OM5 dynamic vocal microphone is naturally attenuated at 120 Hz to reduce boominess and handling noise. The mid-range is tailored to provide extra presence in the vocals allowing the vocalist to be easily heard through the main speakers as well as the monitors.
- Concert level, professional vocal mic for live sound, broadcast, and studio
- Very tight pattern control, exceptional clarity for premium PA systems
- Clear, accurate sound with slight mid-range boost
- Allows vocals to cut through the stage mix
- Extreme off-axis rejection provides excellent isolation on stage
- VLM Capsule
- Designed, assembled & tested in the USA
- 5-year warranty
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz – 19 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity: 2 mV / Pa @ 1k
- Capsule Technology: VLM Type C
- Off-Axis Rejection: >30 dB
- Maximum SPL: ≥144 dB
- Power Requirements: None
- Connector: 3-pin XLRm
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
Physical & Dimensions
- Materials / Finish Zinc Alloy / Black Finish
- Weight 330 g / 11.6 oz
- Length 176 mm / 6.9 in
What’s in the Box?
- 1 x OM5 Vocal Microphone
- 1 x MC1 Microphone Clip
- 1 x P1 Carrying pouch