SCX1/HC Studio Condenser Mic with Hypercardioid Capsule
The SCX1 is a professional studio cardioid condenser microphone designed for a wide variety of recording, broadcast and live sound applications. Known for its high sensitivity, pin-point accuracy, low profile and consistency, the SCX1 is also available with Hypercardioid (model SCX1HC) or omnidirectional (model SCX1O) capsules.
With a smooth uniform frequency response from 40 Hz – 20 kHz, the SCX1 is very consistent when responding to on and off-axis signals, and exhibits excellent phase coherence and minimal proximity effect. The SCX1 is characterized with a wide cardioid polar pattern; this, coupled with the high output and sensitivity of the microphone, makes the SCX1 an ideal choice for miking overheads, drums, instruments, room ambiance, orchestral sections, stringed instruments, piano, vibes and sound effects. The SCX1HC condenser microphone is a number one choice for miking hi-hat both live and in the studio.
Other features include a 21 mm gold vapor capsule, miniaturized electronics, and an extremely small footprint. The SCX1 will handle sound pressure levels of 130 dB and will provide up to 20 dB of ambient noise rejection. In addition to acoustic instruments, the SCX1 is an excellent choice for group vocals, speech or Foley work. The SCX1HC has become a popular choice for interior dialogue boom pole miking. It has a precision machined brass body, interchangeable capsules, black multi-layer class ‘A’ liquid finish and gold-plated XLR connector. The SCX1 studio condenser microphone is manufactured to exacting standards and tight tolerances.
- Professional, studio quality cardioid condenser
- Extremely sensitive with pin-point accuracy
- 21 mm gold vapor capsule with a modular design
- Designed, machined, assembled & tested in the USA
- 3-year warranty
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz – 20 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity: 26 (C) | 17 (HC) | 15 (O) mV / Pa @ 1k
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14 dB (A-weighted)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 80 dB
- Maximum SPL: ≥130 dB
- Dynamic Range: 116 dB
- Power Requirements: 48-52 V phantom
- Connector: 3-pin XLRm
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces a positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
Physical & Dimensions
- Materials: Finish Machined Brass / Black Finish
- Weight: 114 g / 4 oz
- Length: 104 mm / 4.1 in
What’s in the Box?
- 1 x SCX1 Studio Condenser Microphone
- 1 x CASEWOOD Foam Lined Wooden Case
- 1 x DCLIP Microphone Clip
- 1 x WS81C External Windscreen