VX5 Ultimate Condenser Mic for Vocal & Acoustic Applications
The VX5 is a multipurpose, professional vocal condenser microphone designed for live, studio and broadcast applications. With an ability to duplicate studio quality sound on stage, the VX5 has a smooth and accurate frequency response, resistance to feedback and handles very high SPLs without distortion.
Designed with a tight and uniformly controlled supercardioid polar pattern, the VX5 condenser vocal microphone helps isolate vocals from the rest of the stage. Other features are a 14 mm gold vapor diaphragm, an acoustically ported steel mesh grill with a multi-stage pop filter, and a -10 dB pad and bass roll-off filter. The VX5 will handle SPLs in excess of 140 dB (with pad and roll-off engaged) and will provide over 20 dB of ambient noise rejection on live stages.
In addition to vocal applications, the VX5 supercardioid microphone is designed to capture instruments such as guitars, woodwinds, brasses, percussion toys, drum overheads, hi-hats and pianos.
The VX5 requires 18 – 52 V phantom power.
- Premium electret condenser for vocals and acoustic instruments
- Smooth accurate frequency response
- Switches for -10 dB pad and bass roll-off
- Suited for acoustic music as well as loud stages
- Designed, assembled & tested in the USA
- 3-year warranty
- Transducer Type: Pre-Polarized Condenser
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz – 16.5 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- Sensitivity: 5 mV / Pa @ 1k
- Equivalent Noise Level: 26 dB (A-weighted)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 68 dB
- Off Axis Rejection: >20 dB
- Maximum SPL: ≥140 dB (w/ -10 pad)
- Power Requirements: 9-52 V
- Connector: 3-pin XLRm
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
Physical & Dimensions
- Materials: Finish Zinc Alloy & Machined Brass /Black Finish
- Weight: 277 g / 8 oz
- Length: 181 mm / 7.1 in
What’s in the Box?
- 1 x VX5 Vocal Microphone
- 1 x MC1 Microphone Clip
- 1 x P1 Carrying pouch