K12.2 Active 12″ 2000W 2-Way Loudspeaker
The QSC K.2 Series is quite simply, the next standard in powered loudspeakers. To start, each model is equipped with a 2000-watt power module carefully matched to high-performance woofers and compression drivers. DMT™ (Directivity-Matched Transition) ensures smooth coverage across the entire listening area. Advanced on-board DSP provides Intrinsic Correction™ voicing and advanced system management to further optimize performance.
Superbly flexible, the K.2 Series provides its operators with a library of preset contours for common applications such as Stage Monitor, Dance Music, Musical Instrument Amplification, Hand-held Microphone and more, while also offering storable Scenes to recall user-configurable settings such as input type, delay, EQ, cross-over and selected contour. Operated as either main PA or as a floor monitor, each model can also be flown, wall- or truss-mounted, or placed on a speaker pole, either straight-firing or with 7.5-degree down-tilt.
Rugged, light-weight and incredibly stylish, the K.2 Series also features a global 6-Year Warranty with product registration.
Advanced Power and DSP: The 2000 Watt power module delivers ample burst and continuous power for the loudspeaker’s premium drivers. It has been designed with very low-noise fan cooling, enabling the enclosures to be used in settings where background noise must be kept to a minimum. Carefully tailored, subtle and sophisticated dynamics processing is used to protect the drivers from damage and the performance from distortion.
Presets: The user may select from an extensive list of factory preset EQ contours including Live, Dance, Monitor, and many more.
Scenes: Saveable and recallable Scenes can store information like user EQ, Delay, and input configuration settings.
Inputs: A pair of balanced combo XLR/F plus 1/4″ TRS connectors with independent gain control are provided. The first is equipped with selectable MIC/LINE (Microphone or Line) level input while the second offers selectable HI-Z/LINE (High Impedance or Line) level input, specifically for musical instruments. Both inputs are connected directly to a pair of XLR/M throughput connectors so that the signals may be “daisy-chained” to another audio device. A 3.5 mm TRS input jack with independent gain control is also provided for connection of sources such as smart phones, computers and MP3 players.
Outputs: In addition to the two throughput XLRs, a line-level output with the mixed signal from all inputs is also provided.
(An optional security cover (K-LOC) may be installed to prevent unauthorized tampering of settings)
Coverage: DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) design matches the coverage angle of the woofer at the crossover frequency with the horn pattern to ensure uniform response across the coverage area. Intrinsic Correction™ techniques are also employed ensuring smooth power response from the loudspeaker. The result is an extremely accurate loudspeaker that behaves well in a wide range of acoustic spaces with little or no equalization.
Flexible Design: Each model is housed in a rugged ABS enclosure with a professional yet unobtrusive appearance that is at home in any application. Each model can be utilized in either main PA or floor monitor applications, while ergonomic handles and a heavy-duty steel grille with fabric lining further enhance overall appearance and functionality. The dual pole cups allow a zero or 7.5 degree downward tilt when deployed on a pole. This allows for more even coverage across the listening area and less problems due to rear wall reflections. For suspended applications, integrated M10 fittings with a single pullback are included to accommodate M10 eyebolts. An optional yoke mount accessory is also available for permanent installation to walls and ceilings or for temporary attachment to truss (requires 3rd party hardware).
- Best in class audio performance
- 2000 Watt Class-D amplifier module
- Factory Presets and savable/recallable Scenes for commonly-used applications such as Stage Monitor, Dance Music, Musical Instrument Amplification, Hand-held Microphone and more
- Multi-function digital display for control and selection of loudspeaker functions including cross-over, EQ, delay and frequency contours
- Intrinsic Correction™ tuning and loudspeaker management
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) design provides excellent power response and consistent performance across the listening area (75-, 90-, 105-degree, K12.2, K10.2, K8.2)
- Refined, professional appearance looks great in any application
- Rugged ABS enclosure for long life and lasting durability
- Deployment in either main PA or floor monitor position
- Dual pole cup mounts (straight-firing and 7.5 degree down-tilt)
- M10 fittings for flown applications
- Optional security panel prevents unauthorized tampering of controls
- 6-Year Warranty with product registration
- Configuration: Multi-purpose, 2-way powered loudspeaker
- LF Transducer: 12″ (305 mm), cone
- HF Transducer: 1.4″ (35.6mm) titanium diaphragm compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6dB): 50 Hz – 20 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 45 Hz – 20 kHz
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 75° Axisymetric
- Maximum Rated SPL1: 132dB @1m, peak 126dB @1m, continuous
- Class D
- Peak: 1800W (LF), 225W (HF)
- Cooling: Low-noise, variable speed fan
- 3 x Level
- Rotary encoder (push)
- 2 x selection buttons
- Monochrome LCD Display 1.75″ x 1″ (45mm x 25.4mm)
- 2 x Power LED (front and rear)
- 3 x Input Signal LED
- Input A Mic selected LED
- Input B Hi-Z selected LED
- Limiter active LED
- 2 x locking XLR/F ¼” combo (Mic/Line Input + Hi-Z/Line Input
- 1 x 3.5mm TRS (Stereo Input)
- 2 x XLR/M (Loop-thru Output)
- 1 x XLR/M (Mix Output)
- 1 x locking IEC power connector
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100 – 240 VAC, 50 – 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption 1/8th Power: 100-240V~2.1A-1.1A 50/60Hz
Physical & Dimensions
- Enclosure: Impact Resistant ABS
- Attachment Points: 2 x M10 threaded inserts plus Pull-back
- Colour: Black (RAL 9011)
- Grille: 18 Gauge powered coated steel, internal cloth lining
- Dimensions (HxWxD):
- 23.7 x 14 x 13.8 in
- 602 x 356 x 350 mm
- Net Weight: 17.7 kg (39 lbs)
- Shipping Weight: 21.7 kg (47.8 lbs)
- Regulatory: CE, WEEE, UL, CHina RoHS, RoHS II, FCC Class B
- Optional Accessories:
- K12 Tote, K12 Outdoor Cover
- M10 Kit-C, K.2-LOC Lock Out Cover
- K12.2 Yoke
What’s in the Box?
- K12.2 Active 12″ 2000W 2-Way Loudspeaker
- Power cord (EU and UK in Europe)
- Multi-Language Quick-Start Guide
- (2) QSC Logo Decals